Helping Hand of Myrtle Beach was founded in 1971 as an outreach
ministy for teenage visitors to the beach. In 1976, Helping Hand was
incorporated and services were extended to all people, local and
transient, who needed short-term assistance through intervention and
Helping Hand is a crisis intervention and referral agency whose mission is to provide assistance to those in need in our community. Helping Hand provides food, rent and utility assistance, gasoline, local and long distance bus tickets, prescription medications, diapers, hygiene items and referrals to other appropriate agencies.
City of Myrtle Beach
- West to Conway City limits, including Forestbrook, Burcale Road, Carolina Forest and River Oaks Drive area.
- NOT on or off Highway 544
- 17 business and 17 by-pass south to Farrow Parkway
- NOT on or off Highway 707
- North to city limits of North Myrtle Beach
Click “What We Do” for more detailed information
Hours of Operation:
Monday thru Friday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
- Myrtle Beach's only full-time food pantry
- Local and long distance bus tickets
- Gasoline cards
- Purchase prescription medications
- Rent and utility assistance
- Diapers, hygiene kits
- SC Benefit Bank location
We ask that new clients be signed in by 3:00 pm.
Helping Hand is a 501(c)(3) organization and all donations are tax deductible. Helping Hand of Myrtle Beach is a United Way Community Partner and is supported by Myrtle Beach Churches, Foundations and individuals.